The Montessori School of Huntsville (MSH) will be well-known in the community as an accredited provider of quality Montessori education for toddler through upper elementary students. MSH, a private, nonprofit 501 (3)(c) organization, will be financially stable and growing in enrollment. We will provide an environment that nurtures children to reach their fullest potential and teaches them to love learning, while creating a high-quality, enriching environment for staff and a welcoming, open partnership with parents and families.
The Montessori School of Huntsville (MSH) educates children to prepare them for a life of purpose, integrity, and academic accomplishment. We develop independent learners, critical thinkers, and tomorrow’s leaders by:
- Providing a curriculum that adheres to the principles established by Dr. Maria Montessori, informed by current thinking and research on child development and learning;
- Encouraging each child to grow to his or her fullest potential academically, emotionally, physically and socially;
- Presenting individualized instruction that inspires children to think, question, discover and to work to their full potential regardless of chronological age;
- Partnering with parents to ensure that appropriate challenges and support are provided to enable each student to prepare for the social and academic transitions he or she faces;
- Providing educational opportunities in music, art, physical education and foreign language for all students;
- Recognizing that personal growth involves responsibility toward others and toward the environment; Increasing our understanding of child development and sharing this understanding with parents and the broader community;
- Developing understanding and appreciation for the value of a Montessori education and the value of our school in the community.
MSH does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion or age.