Donating to MSH
If you would like more information on making a tax-deductible donation to the Montessori School of Huntsville, please contact us at (256) 881-3790.
Voluntary giving is a tradition among small, independent schools like the Montessori School of Huntsville. Tuition alone does not cover the full expense of providing a quality Montessori education, nor does it provide the substantial funds needed for areas such as professional development for our teachers or capital improvements and other elements of the strategic plan as we look to expand our curriculum offerings through the middle school years.
As a private, 501(c)(3) not-for-profit school, the Montessori School of Huntsville does not receive money from local, state, or federal governments. The independence this provides offers unparalleled opportunities for the Montessori School of Huntsville to provide the unique learning environment that allows our children to thrive and grow. It also means we depend on annual giving and charitable gifts to support the school and its teachers and programs both today and in the future. Your gift benefits children of tomorrow as past gifts now benefit your child.
The Montessori School of Huntsville depends upon the many constituents of the MSH Society — current families, alumni, faculty and friends — to generously contribute to various programs and funds throughout the year. This culture of voluntary giving creates a partnership between the school and the MSH Society to provide the highest quality education and opportunities for our students today and tomorrow.
If you would like more information on making a tax-deductible donation to the Montessori School of Huntsville, please contact us at (256) 881-3790 or e-mail . You can also make a donation anytime via PayPal.
The Montessori School of Huntsville Annual Fund is our most important fundraiser of the year. This fund is crucial to keeping our school functioning at an exceptional level.
Every family is encouraged to make a tax-deductible contribution to the annual fund. Your gift is an essential part of our annual operating budget that helps keep tuition affordable, pays for special materials and improvements, and provides tuition assistance for new staff to earn their Montessori certification.
Your generosity will benefit all of our children now and in the future, just as the generosity of our families in years past is now benefitting your child. For more information, please contact us at (256) 881-3790 or You can also make a donation anytime via PayPal.
Planned Giving Opportunities
The Montessori School of Huntsville is extremely grateful for the numerous ways in which parents, teachers, trustees, alumni, grandparents and friends support the school. Please give careful consideration to the giving options listed below. We encourage you to consult your attorney or tax advisor to discuss the advantages of philanthropy and to advise you on a plan that best meets your personal needs. We welcome inquiries on your donations at (256) 881-3790 or
- Sponsorships – You or your company can sponsor special events at Montessori School of Huntsville such as the Multicultural Festival or the Fall Festival! Contact us for more information.
- Bequests – A bequest is a gift made through a will. It can be given as a specific amount, as a percentage of an estate, as a remainder share, or as a specific item such as real estate, art or antiques. The amount is fully deductible in determining estate and inheritance taxes.
- Cash Donations -Many individuals choose to give their gift by cash or check. Please make checks payable to Montessori School of Huntsville and send to:
Montessori School of Huntsville
15975 Chaney Thompson Road
Huntsville, AL 35803
- Matching Gifts – Many corporations will match their employees’ and retirees’ gifts to educational institutions—doubling or tripling your gift to Montessori School of Huntsville! The corporate personnel office can provide information and a matching gift form. The Montessori School of Huntsville will complete the application process and recognize both donor and corporation for their gifts. We encourage all of our constituents whose companies provide matching gifts programs to participate in them. It is truly a golden opportunity for all parties to make a difference.
- Memorials and Honorariums – Donors may offer gifts in memory or in honor of a family member or friend. These tax-deductible gifts may also acknowledge special relationships or may recognize a special event.
- Planned Giving – Gifts made as part of your overall financial plan – which often benefit you now and the Montessori School of Huntsville later – are known as ‘planned gifts.’
- Planned giving allows you to provide future support for the Montessori School of Huntsville – and often make a larger gift than you might have thought possible.When you include the Montessori School of Huntsville in your estate planning, as a beneficiary in your will, you make a contribution that has a long-lasting effect on the school. You may also receive financial benefits, including lifelong income and significant tax reduction.
- There is a wide range of effective tools available to advance your charitable goals and help you enjoy enhanced financial benefits. We encourage you to work closely with your legal and tax advisors when completing any of these plans.
- Securities – Gifts of stock and appreciated securities may be sent electronically, by mail, or by establishing an account for the Montessori School of Huntsville at your existing brokerage firm. A gift of securities, stocks, or bonds entitles the donor to an income tax deduction; a gift of appreciated securities may also reduce capital gain tax liability. Gifts of securities should also be considered for establishing a planned deferred gift to the school.
No Cost Rebate Programs
All proceeds from the following rebate programs benefit the Montessori School of Huntsville at no additional cost to you. Don’t forget to ask friends and family to help!
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support MSH every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to the school. Learn here how to make MSH your 501(c)3 of choice for AmazonSmile donations.
Box Tops for Education
You can earn cash for our school through three everyday activities: buying groceries, shopping online, and making purchases with a credit card. Clip box tops from hundreds of participating brands and put them in drop-off containers at either campus. Earn up to 8 percent back for our school when you shop online and 1 percent every time you use your credit card.
Our school earns money for Publix purchases made in any Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama, or Tennessee Publix supermarket. When you enter your phone number at checkout to apply your digital coupons, you could simultaneously earn a donation on our behalf. Simply sign up for a Publix account and select the Montessori School of Huntsville under My Publix Partner. Then all you have to remember is to enter your phone number at checkout. Electing a Publix Partner must be renewed on a yearly basis.
Kathy O’Reilly Memorial Scholarship Fund
The Kathy O’Reilly Memorial Scholarship Fund was created in memory of Kathy O’Reilly, former administrator of the Montessori School of Huntsville, who died in December 2009 after a battle with cancer. Kathy was at the heart and soul of MSH for 23 years, serving on the board of directors, member, administrator, lead teacher, and substitute teacher before retiring in 2008. One of her greatest strengths was her generosity of spirit. Her delight in working with children, her compassion for those in need, and her willingness to lend a hand made her a most valuable member of the community.
The scholarship fund is designed to benefit children who would not otherwise be able to attend MSH. Recipients will be added as funds permit.
Donations to the fund may be made through PayPal above, or as checks to the Kathy O’Reilly Memorial Scholarship Fund for the Montessori School of Huntsville and sent to the MSH office or to ServisFirst Bank.