As a part of each family’s commitment to the Montessori School of Huntsville, parents are required to contribute 15 hours (20 hours for more than one child) of community service to the school each year. In doing so, parents are more intimately connected with their child’s school experience and the school’s philosophy and needs, and acquire a long-term sense of ownership of the school.
If parents choose not to complete the community service hours, they can pay for the time at an hourly rate.
There are many ways to get involved in our school and earn community service hours:
- Serve on the Board of Directors
- Serve on a school committee
- Volunteer in the classroom
- Work on special projects and attend events described in the school calendar
- Sponsor an event, student, or program.
Please don’t forget to log your volunteer hours.